|1881||The pulp and paper mill Frantschach in Carinthia, Austria, forms the cornerstone of the group of companies owned by the German industrial family Hartmann.
Until the outbreak of the First World War, Wilhelm Hartmann adds factories, holdings and foreign subsidiaries to the group.
|1926||After his father’s death, Fritz Wilhelm Hartmann takes over his tasks and becomes head of the Hartmann group.
The economic crisis in the 1930s also weakens the Hartmann companies, parts of which have to be sold.
|1938||Expropriation by the Nazi regime.|
|1952||Restitution and re-establishment of the joint stock company; however, only the Austrian part is restituted and part of the group is lost due to the division of Europe.
A period of International expansion ensues, which lasts until around 1973.
|1967||Death of Fritz Wilhelm Hartmann. Harriet Hartmann, née Kaufmann, takes over the management of the group.|
|1973||Frapag Papiererzeugungs- und Vertriebs AG, headquartered in Vienna, is founded as a holding company for the administration of industrial holdings.|
|1987||Restructuring and establishment of Frantschach AG as a holding company for domestic and foreign holdings.|
|1989||Frapag Realitäten GmbH is founded as a holding company for real estate investments. An international portfolio, consisting of office, commercial and residential real estate as well as agriculture and forestry, begins to be set up.|
|1990||Mondi plc. (Anglo American Group) joins the Frantschach AG as a strategic partner.|
|1994||HKW private foundation is established for the purposes of asset bundling.|
|1996-2004||Remaining shares in Frantschach AG are sold to Mondi plc.|
|2005||Acquisition of holding in Swedish paper and packaging company Billerud AB.|
|2008||FRAPAG Beteiligungsholding AG is established as a tool for active asset management.|
|2012||Billerud AB acquires packaging manufacturer Korsnäs AB. BillerudKorsnäs AB is established, with Frapag Beteiligungsholding – the operating arm of HKW private foundation – as the main shareholder.|